Don’t let your finances ruin your date! Use these cheap date ideas to impress your date and don’t forget to have fun. After all, it’s the company that matters most, not the where, what and how much.
Romantic Cheap Date Ideas
The weather can be your greatest asset when looking for inexpensive yet romantic date ideas. Does the weather forecast call for a clear sky tonight? Why not have a late picnic under the moonlight while stargazing? If you’re lucky, you may even spot a planet in the sky or witness falling stars together. Don’t forget to make a wish!
Go for a walk while holding hands. Pretend to be tourists in your home town. Go for a walk in the park, along the beach or even in a mall if the weather doesn’t cooperate.
Romantic Date Ideas
I should remind you that, although you’re here looking for cheap date ideas, you should be thinking in terms of inexpensive romantic ideas. It’s not because you’re on a budget that you can’t spend time and romance on your special someone.
Here are a few more creative date ideas that will help your money go a long way:
- Pick pretty flowers from a field (but don’t take them from a neighbor’s flower bed without permission!)
- Sit in a park and people watch together.
- Kiss, talk and kiss some more.
- Go to a poetry open-mike night in a coffee house and recite your date’s favorite poem or read one that you wrote especially for her.
- If you’re brave enough (and your voice is good enough), go to an open-mike night in a pub and sing her a song.
Creative Date Ideas on a Budget
One of the most overlooked romantic cheap dates is staying indoors and watching a chick flick together. (I know, it’s not a guy’s favorite thing to do, but you’re doing it to please her and to be romantic, right?)
Here are a few romantic movies that are perfect for a quiet night in:
- Never Been Kissed
- While You Were Sleeping
- 40 Days and 40 Nights – Guys should also enjoy this one…;)
- How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
- 50 First Dates
- Kate and Leopold
OK, my list is a little dated, I admit, but there’s a reason for that. Chances are that you can record these shows as they air on TV (with a VCR, PVR or TiVO). If not, then you should be able to rent them from your local video store without worrying about them being sold out!
Here are more date ideas:
- Discover Other Romantic Date Ideas
- Discover Great Summer Date Ideas
- How to Be Romantic When You Have Children
- Inspiring Date Story for Those with Children at Home