Art can give meaning to our lives, just like the following romantic decorating ideas and romantic accessories can improve your bedroom’s atmosphere.
It can feel awkward to enjoy a romantic activity in an unromantic place. That’s why you should consider adding a few accessories such as silk rose petals and tea light candles to promote a more romantic and passionate experience.
To fill up a bedroom room with romance, here are a few romantic bedroom decorating ideas you can choose from. Of course, you are limited in what you can do by your current furniture and layout, but changing or adding accessories such as pillows, lamps and even food-related items can really transform any bedroom into a romantic environment.
Romantic Bedroom Decorating Ideas
Traditional romantic people can be inspired by this flowery and romantic bedroom style. Placing identical lampshades on each side of the bed is ideal for a master bedroom, and you should pick shades with lines that match the rest of your decor.
With so much flowery pattern on the duvet cover, pillows, carpet and wallpaper, the elegant solid red on the headboard serves as a focal point. The curvatures and design of the bed itself can help set the mood for a romantic night together.
Many people living in condos have modern bedroom furniture, which can be a perfect backdrop for a romantic evening. With a few added touches and romantic bedroom decorating ideas, this creamy colored bedroom can become a romantic setting.
More Romantic Decorating Ideas for the Bedroom
Red is for Valentine’s Day but it also relates to love and passion. While not everyone will want to paint their bedroom red, it can certainly please quite a few romantic and passionate couples. Red walls can ignite powerful emotions but should not be overused.
One red wall, a white or black duvet cover and a few red pillows would create a romantic yet modern bedroom decor. Add a few romantic drawings or romantic graphics if you want!
Romantic decor is all about details. Notice the warm glow emanating from the golden lampshade… Look at the fancy embroidery on the pillow… The bedroom is kept neat and uncluttered.
Consider using various textures as well. Velvet, faux-fur and silk are all very romantic. After all, touch is a very important sense when it comes to relationships, so keep textures in mind when decorating your bedroom!
This simple bedroom furniture can also be transformed into a romantic heaven with a few romantic decorating ideas.
Pick high-thread count sheets with lovely pastel colors and patterns. Add a few pillows and a foot blanket in coordinated colors. Note how much more personal and romantic the room becomes when you add a food tray with fresh flowers! This bedroom is begging for you to have breakfast in bed… How romantic is that?
More Romantic Decorating Ideas and Tips
While creating a romantic bedroom atmosphere should be all about having fun, it’s important to mention a few safety points that are related to the previously mentioned romantic decorating ideas:
- Many people have a tendency to throw a light piece of fabric over a lampshade to create lighting that is more romantic. Unfortunately, they don’t realize how dangerous it can be! After all, they are covering a source of heat with flammable material! If you want to use light to create a romantic mood, consider using a low-wattage red bulb.
- Candles are romantic, but could easily start a fire. Consider using flameless candles or dimming the lights instead of using real candles. If you can’t dim the lights in your bedroom, consider replacing your bulbs with lower-wattage bulbs.
- Flower petals are romantic, but using REAL flower petals is a really BAD idea… especially if you have to clean it up afterward… Stick to artificial or silk flower petals. You can re-use them too!
- Read Romantic Night Ideas for Adults
- Play Romantic Games for Adult Couples
- Discover Great Romantic Evening Ideas