Looking for romantic cruise deals? Plenty can be found online when you know where to look and what questions to ask.
Of course, finding a deal on a cruise could sometimes involve sacrificing cabin choices (especially with last-minute cruises) or sailing with slightly inclement weather…
You’ll also have to factor in the costs associated with flights and hotels, if appropriate. Sometimes the savings on a last-minute bargain on a cruise can quickly be negated by hefty last-minute plane seats!
Fortunately, many companies offer great deals throughout the year. Travel agents may be able to offer exclusive offers, but researching your options using online tools is a great first step in educating yourself as to what type of romantic cruise deals are available, and in what price range.
Use this free tool as a starting point in finding a good cruise deal:
Saving Money and Finding Deals on Cruises
Here are a few tips on how to turn regular cruises into cheaper and more romantic cruise deals:
- If you opt to go on a cruise and live near the ocean, you can save a lot of money by driving to the cruise’s home port instead of flying to meet the ship far away from home. If you live too far from the coast, there may be chartered planes available for people meeting the cruise ship and your fare could be cheaper. Make sure to check with several airlines before booking your flight.
- Another way to save, even on an all-inclusive cruise, is to book a shorter cruise. Some people choose to go on a short 3- to 7-day cruise. You can still take the same number of days off from work, but stay home and relax with your partner during the extra days off at the end. Sleep in, have breakfast in bed…
- Some cruise lines may allow you to bring your own alcohol instead of drinking the expensive cocktails served at the ship’s bars.
- You can travel during the off-season. A little research could save you hundreds of dollars… but make sure to get travel insurance in the event the cruise is cancelled due to inclement weather.
- If you don’t mind last-minute cruises, you can sign up to receive last-minute deals from cruise companies. While the cabin selection may not be ideal, especially if you’re planning a honeymoon, you can save significant amounts of money.
- You can also find online auctions and bid for a cruise if you’re not picky about your departure date. Auctions are great ways to get great romantic cruise deals.
- Use online travel providers and compare the costs of several cruises that interest you.
- If you want to save on your cabin fees, get a cabin on a lower deck or pick an inside cabin instead of one with a view or private veranda.
- To get the most of your romantic cruise deals, shop around for excursions when you have port visits. It’s important to use a company that is reliable and will be able to bring you back to the ship before it departs but there may be a less expensive excursion available or you could even explore on your own if you are comfortable with the local language.
- Avoid using expensive services on board if they are not included in the price of your cruise. For example, you can postpone using the Internet or making calls until you reach the next port. Many towns have Internet cafes that will allow you to surf the net and read your email for a fraction of the price charged by cruise companies.
Romantic Cruise Deals
Being with the one you love is a great start to making any cruise a romantic getaway but it goes without saying that saving money doesn’t always go hand-in-hand with creating a romantic setting…
For example, choosing a cabin with bunk beds instead of a larger bed could made things uncomfortable for the two of you. Similarly, if you decide to limit your spending money while on the cruise (avoiding port activities, tours, drinks, etc.), you could be missing out on potentially great romantic memories…
Make sure to discuss your plans with your partner before committing to a certain cruise. Your cruise will be a lot more romantic if you both know what to expect and how to make the most out of it! Discover more tips on how to plan a romantic cruise or visit CruiseDirect to learn about their latest deals on cruises.