Going on a romantic cruise with your partner can be fun, exciting and it can even turn into an exotic adventure. Imagine visiting half-a-dozen Caribbean islands while sailing on a comfortable ship…
How about diving into the ship’s pool and looking at the ocean that surrounds you… Then taking a shower and getting dressed for a decadent dinner at the Captain’s table.
How about sitting on beautiful white sand beaches during your port visits, enjoying a fresh pina colada or a cold Corona… Or perhaps you’d rather take part in exciting activities like zip lining, exploring caves, visiting museums, etc.
You can enjoy a beautiful sunset from your private balcony overlooking the turquoise ocean. Delicious food, wonderful views, fresh and warm ocean air… all enjoyed in the company of the love of your life!
What’s not to like?
Of course, not all romantic cruises involve a tropical climate.
Alaskan or Norwegian cruises can also be very romantic, but most people associate warmer temperatures with romance. Perhaps it’s because we get to expose a little more skin while enjoying the food, views and sunshine on board a tropical cruise…
When romance is on the menu, sun-kissed skin is certainly more enticing than a runny nose!
Going on a Romantic Cruise
Here are a few ideas on how to create the perfect atmosphere during a romantic cruise vacation with your partner:
- If you’re looking for romance on the high seas, pick a romantic destination like Bermuda, Tahiti or something more exotic like the Galapagos Islands. Don’t discard other destinations… Many people think that transatlantic cruises can be romantic too!
- Various cruise companies specialize in certain types of crowds and destinations. Some cater to families with young kids, while others aim to please retired couples or even wild and single young people looking for fun! If you’re looking for a more intimate and romantic setting, look for adult-only ships or ships that allow children but that also offer adult-only pools, restaurants and other adult-only facilities.
- Smaller ships can create a more intimate and romantic cruise setting, which is ideal for a couple traveling without children.
- If you’re going on a cruise as a single person and are eager to meet a lot of love prospects, a large ship would certainly improve your odds of meeting that special someone. If so, you may want to look into Carnival Cruise Line.
- Talk to friends and family members who have recently gone on a cruise. They should be able to recommend a romantic cruise for the two of you! Many people have been pleased with their cruise on Norwegian Cruise Line.
- The restaurants on cruise ships often have larger tables. If you would like to plan one or more romantic meals, book a table for two ahead of time although not all cruise ships are able to accommodate such requests.
- Don’t go for bunk beds. If you want to enjoy a romantic cruise, you will want to upgrade your room so that you have a decent-sized bed for two people (or at least the possibility of moving and combining twin beds to turn them into a larger bed). If you intend on spending a lot of time in your cabin, try to get an ocean view. You may be willing to spend extra for a private balcony?
- If you intend on proposing to your sweetheart during the cruise, talk to a travel agent. Some cruise companies offer special deals with video recordings of the proposals, couple massages, etc.
- Similarly, you can find special deals if you plan to enjoy your honeymoon on a cruise ship.
Find Great Online Deals on Cruises
Great cruise deals, including lots of inexpensive romantic cruise vacations, are available online right now: