Coming up with romantic picnic food ideas can sometimes be tricky. If you are currently struggling with this issue, keep reading and you’ll find many food options that are suitable for a romantic picnic.
Because picnics are normally enjoyed in a natural setting, it’s easy to turn them into a romantic date. Pick a gorgeous day and find a quiet spot. Bring a large blanket along with the right food and drinks.
If you plan on spending the afternoon outdoors, bring a poetry book, some sunscreen and even a deck of cards or a board game. Eat slowly, enjoy your surroundings and have a great time with your partner.
Top Five Romantic Picnic Food Ideas
Here are my top 5 romantic picnic food ideas. Not everyone likes the same food, but you and your partner should like at least one of these food ideas!
- 5- Prepare lunch for each other and put it in a brown bag. Make or pick up your partner’s favorite sandwich, include a personal fortune cookie or a love note. Don’t let your partner peak in his/her bag until you are ready to eat!
- 4- Bring a variety of aphrodisiacs: strawberries, oysters, avocado and chocolate. Bring a cooler to ensure your food stays fresh! If it’s really hot outside, and you’re not sure your food will stay cool, avoid oysters and anything containing mayonnaise as it could go bad… You really don’t want to get food poisoning from a romantic picnic!
- 3- Have a wine and cheese tasting in the outdoors. Of course, make sure you select a location that permits alcohol – or bring sparkling apple juice instead. You could even do it in your backyard! Bring a baguette, some crackers, a few cheeses, pâté, crackers, smoked salmon and a nice bottle of wine. Don’t forget a knife, a couple of glasses and a bottle opener! Once again, keep perishable items in a cooler to prevent spoilage.
- 2- Select and prepare at least 10 different fruits. Cut them up into bite-size pieces. Bring a blindfold, feed your partner and let him/her guess what fruit it is. A correct answer deserves a kiss. A wrong answer gets a tickle!
- 1- Expand on the previous idea and bring truffles or expensive chocolates as well as other delicious bite-sized desserts. My favorite: stop by an old-fashioned candy store and get a variety of candy: sour, sweet, licorice, wine gums, etc. It’s amazing how different they taste when your eyes are closed and you take the time to savor them!
More Romantic Picnic Food Ideas & Tips
Bring your iPod and listen to romantic songs while you enjoy your outdoor meal. You can pick a few romantic songs ahead of time to make your afternoon even more memorable.
Yes, picnics can be really special, especially if you have the right romantic picnic food ideas! But to ensure you both have a great time, follow these additional tips:
- Bring lots of bottled water, especially if it’s hot.
- Don’t forget napkins!
- You may also want to bring non-romantic items like mosquito repellent, a first-aid kit, and a cell phone. You could even bring an instant stain remover stick, just in case.
These romantic picnic ideas should hopefully point you in the right direction next time you want to share a romantic picnic with your partner. Make sure to select foods that will please both you and your partner, and incorporate activities that will allow you to express your feelings toward your partner and help to create a very romantic picnic that will help strengthen the bond between the two of you.
- Other Romantic Picnic Food Ideas and Date Ideas
- Discover Great Recipes for a Romantic Dinner
- Discover Other Romantic Date Ideas
- Great Summer Date Ideas
- View a List of 20 Aphrodisiac Foods